What to support
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the world’s leading youth achievement award, bringing together practical experiences and skills to create committed global citizens and equipping young people for life.
The Award programme allows young people to use their free time productively and improve their skills that will be valuable not only at their future workplace. The Award is accepted by various institutions and employers in Romania and abroad, thanks to its global prestige and the support of the Royal Family.
For a young person, the participation in the programme is an interesting experience through which he/she learns that by being responsible, persistent and determined, one can reach even the most ambitious goals.
By joining the Award programme the young person accepts a challenge to continuously work on himself/herself. And fulfilling the challenge gives him/her confidence and passion to approach life actively and seek other challenges in the community life as well as in the fields of study and professional career
The programme stands on an elaborated and time-tested methodology based on the principles of experiential learning and an individual approach to each youngster.
Other arguments in favor of this programme can be found in the authentic stories of its successful participants.
Benefits of the programme for young people
- They gain experience and develop skills that are very convenient in their everyday life as well as in their curriculum (pe. team skills, willingness to )
- They create awareness of their potential, strengths and weaknesses
- They find new interests, friends and opportunities
- They get new friendships and relationships with their peers as well as other generations for doing something positive and constructive in their free time
- They learn to set up and meet their own goals and can exceed their expectations
- They increase their self-reliance and self-confidence
- They develop their sense of responsibility to others
- They create an active and self-motivating attitude to the world around them
- They are rewarded for their effort by a prestigious Award Certificate.
International Award Foundation published a brochure about the DofE Award’s impact that you can download here: Measuring the Award’s impact (PDF)
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Romania Foundation aims to offer the Award to as many young adults as possible while ensuring the international standards of quality of the programme, all in accordance with (and with support of) the International Award Foundation.
To get more information about the programme and about ways to support us, contact the Chairman of our foundation:
Shajjad Rizvi | email@example.com |+040 744873340