Start your Award
Taking part in the Award requires commitment over time but it is simple to get started and you will reap the rewards for your time and effort. If you are between 14 and 24 years old, want to try something new, to see the world and to receive prestigious certificates while doing what you like, then the Award is exactly what you are searching for!
As an Award participant you will:
- Design your own Award
- Set your own goals and record your progress
- Make a positive impact on the lives of others through community service
- Learn valuable practical and social skills for career development
- Connect with other Award participants at home and abroad
Plus, if you’re already taking part in activities, such as sports or volunteering, you can continue with these and receive recognition for them as part of your Award.
How to get started:
- Register with your nearest operator. Search for the Award in your city or visit the Online Record Book.
- Determine what level is right for you. The Award is divided into three levels; depending on your age and experience, you may choose to start with Bronze and work your way up, or jump straight to to Silver or Gold. Your Award Leader will be able to explain more about the three levels and their requirements
- Registration fee: There is usually a small registration fee required to cover the cost of your record book and Award administration. This will be handled by your Award operator
- Plan your Award. Once you have registered, your Award Leader will help you plan your programme of activities. You should also receive a record book to keep track of your activities. More information on the Sections of the Award can be found in About the Award.