The Award can be used in state and international schools, re-educational centers or prisons, by scouts and mountain clubs, in business or in youth organizations, as well as by governments. It offers organisations a way of gaining international accreditation for development activities with young people.
8 million young people from 130 countries of the world have participated in the Award programme. This was made possible thanks to the thousands of schools, and organizations, youth clubs and companies that provide the participants with the necessary support.
There are many benefits to delivering the Award - for youth as well as you in the organization. See just some of them below.
Benefits for the young people
- They gain experience and develop skills that are very convenient in their everyday life as well as in their curriculum.
- They create awareness of their potential, strengths and weaknesses
- They find new interests, friends and opportunities
- They get new friendships and relationships with their peers as well as other generations for doing something positive and constructive in their free time
- They learn to set up and meet their own goals and can exceed their expectations
- They increase their self-reliance and self-confidence
- They develop their sense of responsibility to others
- They create an active and self-motivating attitude to the world around them
- They are rewarded for their effort by a prestigious Award Certificate
Benefits for your school or organization
- With providing the Award you can support the reputation of the company, organization or school – you will appear in promotional materials of the programme and get a status of the Award Unit documented by a prestigious certificate
- Within the programme you can make use of the activities you already offers to young people
- You get to more learning opportunities, including accredited trainings of the programme and funded international projects
- You have a chance to boost personal development of young people through a time proven and worldwide programme with measurable results and international prestige
- You can offer young people educational goals that are based on their own interests and abilities and help them use their leisure time productively
- You can support personal and social responsibility of the youth
- By leading the young participants in the programme you will improve your own organisational and professional skills
- You have great opportunity to co-operate with your colleagues within the programme
- You will get in touch with other members of the Award family and this way you can share experiences with other teachers and youth workers
- You will make connections to other youth organizations and schools participating in the programme.