Deliver the Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is delivered globally; any organisation that works directly with young people can deliver the Award.
Organisational benefits of delivering the Award
Delivering the Award brings your organisation many benefits, not least the opportunity to help develop young people and support them on their journey to a better future. By delivering the Award your organisation will:
- Help to develop the lives of young people and their communities;
- Become part of an international network of Award Operators, Leaders and like-minded individuals and organisations;
- provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for your staff;
- Complement existing extra-curricular activities and receive recognition for them;
- Give young people the opportunity to participate in the world’s leading youth achievement award.
Become an Award Centre
Being an Award Centre means that you are forming a partnership with the largest international pursuit of youth development in the world! The flexibility and sustainability of The Award has allowed for steady growth over the 60 years that it has successfully operated internationally. It is now run in more than 130 countries and has touched the lives of more than 8 million young people.
How can my organisation become an Award Centre?
To run The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award in your school/organisation you will need to apply to become an Award Centre and nominate an Award Coordinator. If you’d like to know how to become an Award Centre, please contact our team at email@example.com.
„The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the only truly global mark of recognition that I know about in the field of extracurricular activity. As an employer, I want to see that people coming to work for us have more to offer than their academic qualifications. The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is a great example of a differentiator I would look for when judging the suitability of a young person to join our company.” Phil Smith, CEO, Cisco UK & Ireland